Home Asia

Covid-19: No entry from Bangladesh to Italy

24
0

The government of Bangladesh has banned travelers from entering Italy.

Reuters quoted a statement from Italy’s health ministry as saying on Wednesday.

The statement said, “The health minister has signed an executive order banning travelers who have stayed in Bangladesh for the last 14 days or used Bangladesh as a transit point from Italy.”

The statement said the move was taken in the wake of the deteriorating coronavirus situation in Bangladesh and India.

Earlier on Sunday, the country’s health ministry banned travelers from India from entering Italy. The next day, the Indian coronavirus was detected in the bodies of two men who had recently returned from India.

During the first wave of coronavirus infection last year, tourists from Bangladesh were banned from entering Italy.

Also this month, the United Kingdom and Oman banned travelers from Bangladesh from entering their respective countries.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here